Entry Level Paralegal-IP
Santa Monica Intellectual Property law firm is seeking an experienced, mature and dependable Entry Level Paralegal to join them on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has earned their Paralegal Certificate to join an innovative firm in an entry level position! Training will be provided to applicants who show aptitude to applying themselves toward intricate and detail oriented problems.
The Entry Level Paralegal directly assists legal assistants and attorneys in the research, preparation, and organization of materials for filing patent and trademark applications with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) and filings with Courts. The work requires handling confidential information with discretion.
The ideal Entry Level Paralegal candidate will have:
- Candidates must have earned their Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program.
- Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Internet searching skills; and the ability to maintain and report information in a highly-organized fashion.
- An environmentally conscious attitude towards eliminating paper use, the ideal candidate must be comfortable with working on a computer network
- The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, but within a team atmosphere.